Thieffry Monogramme Linen Oven Mitt
Traditionally crafted Belgian linen oven mitt.
Natural linen with woven stripe detail in white, blue, blue, or red. Hook at one corner. Pre-shrunk.
Shop the entire Thieffry collection here.
Since 1837, Thieffry has produced timeless linens for the home in Roubaix, France near the border with Belgium. Each piece is made in Europe from flax to finish. Backed by 179 years of tradition and craftsmanship, these true Belgian linen pieces are a new family heirloom.
Linen is stronger than cotton or wool. Its is lint free, non-static, doesn't pill and naturally repels mold and moths. Linen air dries beautifully, gets softer with washing and is hypo-allergenic.
Machine wash at mild temperature, light iron if necessary.
This is a decorative linen product designed to handle low to medium temperatures.
To prevent burns by steam, never use when wet and please be cautious when handling products from the oven or near extreme heat.
It takes 1/5 the energy and water to cultivate and process flax into linen fabric.
Linen is 40 times more absorbent than cotton and dries faster.
The special qualities of linen are
- Anti-moth- you can pass on the fabric as an heirloom
- Antiseptic – Linen has been used to cover wounds; resistant to bacteria and fungus
- No lint – wipes glassware with no streak
- Linen should be rolled when stored as it will memorize a crease
- The tensile of linen fabric three times stronger than cotton; three times stronger than wool
- The more linen is washed, the softer it becomes.
- Natural silica in flax fiber protects linen against rotting…that it why mummies that were wrapped in linen are still protected by their covering